On Friday 24th I attended my very first black tie event! The Vuelio Blog Awards, today’s post is to share with you what make up I used and my outfit choice!
Using my Trusty Remington Sleek n Curl straighteners (sadly discontinued now) I created loose curls and pinned a small front section back with grips, to help keep the curls in place I used L’Oréal’s Elnett Satin hairspray in Supreme hold with extravagant volume.
* Garnier SkinActive BB cream + Blur in light
*Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in Fair
* Collection Primed & Ready Setting Powder
* Collection Precision Contour stick in light
* Rimmel London Sculpting Pallet by Kate Moss in Coral Glow
* MUA Set & Reflect finishing kit white gold highlight
Eyes & Brows:
* L’Oreal infallible eye shadow in champagne
* L’Oreal Perfect Slim eye liner in intense black.
* Marc Jacobs Velvet Noir major Volume Mascara
* Jelly Pong Pong lighten up waterline brightening pencil
* Pixi brow tamer
* Laura Geller Pout perfection waterproof liner in claret
* Mellow Matte lipstick in Madness
* Paco Rabban Lady Million
As this was my first black tie event I wanted to buy a new dress that had class so I headed straight to the Next website to see what they had to offer and came across a beautiful beaded dress from Lipsy London, my experience with Lipsy dresses is to always go a size up but in this case I was wrong! So I had to return the size 12 for a 10, which fitted perfectly! Though I have since returned the dress due to the beading falling off all evening which was incredibly embarrassing.
As I’m getting older my dress sense is moving away from the “sod the cold it looks good!” Attitude to “sod the cold where’s my tights!” So I teamed the dress with black tights and a pair of black pointed heels from everything5pounds.com...... which one heel snapped on my way home!! Talk about outfit bad luck!.
I kept jewellery to a minimum with my everyday Tree of Life necklace I bought to remember my grandfather and a pearl and ‘A’ initial bangle from Primark
All items featured were purchased.